Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
Raspberry Pi Foundation and National Centre for Computing Education
This online course will introduce you to the principles of object-oriented programming in Python, showing you how to create objects, functions, methods, and classes. You’ll use what you learn to create your own text-based adventure game. You will have the chance to share your code with other learners, and see theirs. If you’re an educator, you’ll also be able to develop ideas for using object-oriented programming in your classroom.
4 weeks, 2 hours per week
Carrie Anne Philbin
Director of Education
Raspberry Pi Foundation
- Explore using objects in programming, and understand the difference between a function and an object.
- Develop your understanding of how writing your own class allows you to combine functions and data.
- Demonstrate extending other people’s classes, including inheritance and polymorphism.
- Produce a module to apply your learning of object oriented programming.
- Collaborate by sharing your code with other people.
- Introduce the principles of object-oriented programming in Python.
- Understand the difference between a function and an object.
- Create objects, functions, methods, and classes.
- Write a text-based adventure game.
- Extending other people’s classes, including inheritance and polymorphism.
- Share your code with other learners, and see theirs.
- Develop ideas for using object-oriented programming in the classroom.
Issued on 28th May 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: