Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored how athletes and para athletes prepare for competition at major sport events. The topics covered included the sports science, medicine, technology and management required for athlete preparation. Also, how to level the playing field for athletes with a disability and those in developing countries, how diversity and inclusion can be promoted through sport and high-performance programmes and how legacies are secured before, during and after major sport events.
2 weeks, 3 hours per week
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Explain the range of elements involved in preparing and supporting athletes and para athletes to realise their potential at major sport events.
- Describe why and how different partners work together around an international sports event to prepare athletes and build equity and social inclusion.
- Explore a contemporary case study of a high performance sport development programme in how it prepares athletes and para athletes from developing countries for international competition.
- Discuss the potential for athletes, participating countries and key partners to secure legacies before, during and after a major sports event.
- The role of major sport events in contributing to diversity and social inclusion.
- The motivations, goals and rewards that drive athletes and para athletes to prepare for major international sport events.
- How sports science, medicine and technology as well as sport management are used to prepare athletes and para athletes for major sport events.
- How a structured program can help athletes and para athletes from developing countries perform at their best.
- How sport event partners plan for and resource initiatives to secure legacies from international sport events.
Issued on 17th January 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: