This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course introduced the principles of cancer chemotherapy, and how the development of effective medications for the treatment of cancer remains a significant challenge to scientists. The course involved research into the use and development of cancer medicines, focusing on chemotherapy. In addition, through an exploration of how science is communicated to the general public, learners looked at the skills needed to become an effective science writer.
2 weeks, 2 hours per week
Dr Richard Foster
Medicinal Chemistry Group Leader
University of Leeds
Professor Paul C Taylor
Professor of Chemical Education & Director of Student Education
University of Leeds
- Reflect on what cancer chemotherapy is and how it was developed.
- Identify resources which can be used to find out more about the developments in cancer medicines.
- Compare examples of science writing, and identify angles and target audiences.
- Investigate current developments in cancer medicines and discuss potential future approaches to treatment.
- Produce a short blog post about future directions in cancer medicine treatments.
- The history of cancer medicines with a focus on cancer chemotherapy.
- The sources of information to use when researching cancer medicines.
- Important developments that led to the discovery of modern chemotherapeutics.
- How developments in cancer medicines are reported in the news.
- Modern perspectives of cancer chemotherapy.
- An overview of new approaches to cancer treatment.
- Telling the story: research and write a blog post about future directions in cancer medicines.
Issued on 29th August 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: