Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course covered key aspects of forced and unforced patterns of migration and the impact of this on teaching, learning and classroom contexts. It explored the opportunities for fostering resilience and embedding inclusive teaching practices at primary and secondary level.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Global Language for Resilience Lead
- Describe the causes, patterns and impact of migration on teaching and learning
- Develop a profile of your learners and consider strategies to engage and include them
- Apply a set of practical tools and techniques in the classroom environment to better cope with the impact of trauma on teachers and learners
- Global trends in migration and displacement as a result of different types of conflicts
- The role and impact of language use as well as language development in migration and displacement
- The range of educational pathways and curricula for students from formal to informal to remedial and the role of the community in supporting learning
- The importance of challenging discrimination and promoting inclusive classrooms which foster collaborative learning
- The learning and behaviour needs of primary and secondary learners who have experienced trauma, displacement and conflict
- The effects of loss, trauma and displacement on the brain and how this knowledge can help teachers to understand learning difficulties and challenging behaviour
- The importance of teacher self-care and the role of well-being in coping with the impact of trauma on teachers and learners
Issued on 17th January 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: