Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This interdisciplinary course explored how to work supportively with refugees. It discussed related legal framework and intercultural communication and interpretation issues. It engaged with problems of psychological wellbeing of both refugees and practitioners and social integration of refugees.
3 weeks, 4 hours per week
Research Fellow in Education
The University of Glasgow
- Discuss the legal, social and cultural grounding for the refugee's integration in different European countries
- Reflect critically on the process of intercultural communication and interpretation, in the reality of and in the work with refugees
- Evaluate the idea of social integration, assessing ways in which cultural mediators could offer adequate support to refugees, asylum seekers and migrants
- Demonstrate awareness of principles of psychological well-being and socio-emotional health of refugees
- Assess strategies for mediators to support refugees and attend to their own self-care
- Explore the skills needed to work with refugees including group management, intercultural communication, and conflict negotiation
- The basics about human migration, refugees and legal framework
- Cultural diversity and interethnic relations
- Socialisation, conflict resolution and social inclusion
- Principles on psychological well-being and socio-emotional health in refugee cases. Strategies for the mediator to support the target group and their own self-care
- Communication and interpreting in contexts of cultural mediation
- The practice of cultural mediation in the reality of refugees
Issued on 17th January 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: