Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI) and The Faculty of Theology of Lugano (FTL)
Students experience that dialogue among religions is possible by focusing on the fundamental tenets of each religion. Religion cannot be identified with fundamentalism. Fundamentalism in fact is a wrong, narrow and one-sided interpretation of religious life and doctrine. By experiencing a dialogical approach, students will improve their knowledge of world religions and become aware of the fact that each world religion is able to contribute to human coexistence.
6 weeks, 3 hours per week
Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI)
- Identify the most important characteristics of the main five religions
- Describe the fundamentals of the main five world religions
- Explain the relationship between the different forms of faith
- Reflect on what dialogue among religions means from a philosophical and epistemological point of view
- Develop a critical thinking about dialogue among religions and what makes it possible
- The main tenets of the five main world religions: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism.
- The conditions necessary for the practice of interreligious dialogue: elements that advance the cooperation and mutual understanding among different forms of faith.
- The five religions will be presented from the perspective of an interreligious dialogue.
- Every religion will be described in its structure from both its historical and conceptual viewpoints.
Issued on 25th November 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: