Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course introduced learners to basic nutrition concepts as they pertain to building a healthy and balanced diet, along with the tools required to prepare five healthy recipes to add to their kitchen repertoire. Each week, learners were taught how to master a new healthy recipe including a stir-fry, pasta dish, curry, traybake and fish. Throughout the weeks, learners were educated on nutrition basics, covering topics such as calories and nutrients density, how to identify macronutrient
5 weeks, 3 hours per week
BBC Good Food
BBC Good Food
- Discuss key nutrition terms such as calories and nutrient-density
- Classify micro- and macronutrients
- Explore how nourishing ingredients will help you to achieve nutritional balance in your meals
- Identify useful kitchen equipment for easy meal preparation
- Create five healthy recipes and attempt variations to suit your tastes
Healthy cooking made easy covers nutrition basics such as nutrients and calories, health benefits of key ingredients and equipment required to create simple healthy meals in just five weeks - including a stir-fry, curry, traybake, pasta and fish dish.
Each week, you’ll learn how to master a new healthy meal to add to your kitchen repertoire. The classes start with the very fundamentals of healthy eating, including understanding and identifying the key foods that support your health and why. As you work your way through the course, you’ll build on this knowledge, learning how to easily identify food groups, plan ahead and create delicious, balanced meals in minutes.
Each class involves an investigation into your ingredient benefits and their purpose in your meal; an exploration of what learners already know, kitchen equipment and ingredient know-how, as well as how to anticipate, eliminate and troubleshoot potential failure points i.e. food storage, equipment and leftovers. Each class ends with a new recipe to make and a supplemental recipe to experiment with further, plus links to a collection of recipes that might prove useful in the future.
This course also includes:
- How to properly identify macronutrients i.e. protein, fats, carbs
- Understanding micronutrients and their sources
- Creative ways to achieve your 5-a-day
- The benefits of colour and savvy seasonings in your meals
- How to achieve balance in meals
- The kitchen equipment basics
- Our favourite cooking techniques for preparing healthy meals
Issued on 5th December 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: