Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the basics of Java programming and mobile game development on Android.
5 weeks, 4 hours per week
Professor of Cybernetics
University of Reading
- Compile and run a java application on a mobile phone or emulator
- Modify java code
- Identify and use different data types and Java programming constructs
- Develop a simple program in Java to run on a mobile phone
- An introduction to the course, programming and the development environment for building the mobile game.
- Setting up the software
- Setting up the testing environment for your game
- Debugging and operators.
- Different data types and variables
- Introduction to operators
- Applying variables and operators to the game
- Modifying the game to change the speed of the ball and moving the ball to a position specified by user.
- Conditional statements and comments.
- Array variables and looping constructs.
- Modifying the program to make the ball stay on the screen and adding a control paddle for the user.
- Modifying the game to include multiple target objects for the ball to bounce from. The target objects are implemented using arrays and accessed using ‘for’ loops.
- How to decide which algorithm is required to solve more complex tasks.
- Considering which algorithm to implement, to modify the game.
- Functions or methods – separate parts of a program.
- Modifying the program using functions to replace any repeated code.
- Consolidation of the course – analysing the game.
- Considering the process behind implementing another game.
Issued on 31st March 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: