This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
EIT Food and University of Turin
This online course has explained the functions that human microbiome has in the gastrointestinal tract and the links between human microbiome and diseases. Through exploring how the human microbiome changes throughout life, the course has provided insight into the complexity of the human microbiome communities and the role that food plays in its modulation.
3 weeks, 4 hours per week
Maarten van der Kamp
Director of Education
Professor at University of Torino
University of Turin
- Describe how the human microbiome changes throughout the human life
- Identify the role of food in the modulation of human microbiome
- Explain the functions that human microbiome has in the gastrointestinal tract
- Discuss the links between the human microbiome and diseases
- Debate the human microbiome and its relationship on our daily lives
- Assess the complexity of the human microbiome communities
- The human microbiome, role in human health and how it changes during life
- How can we determine our gut microbiota
- The role of food and lifestyle in the modulation of human gut microbiome
- The human microbiota and prevention of diseases through microbiota-directed foods
In association with
Issued on 6th July 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: