Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
The University of Newcastle Australia and CIFAL Newcastle
The increasing impacts of climate change are exacerbating the risk factors associated with disasters such as bushfires. Individuals and organisations must learn to respond to emergencies, survive and recover from humanitarian crises that are beyond their current expertise.
3 weeks, 2 hours per week
Executive Director, CIFAL Newcastle
The University of Newcastle Australia
- Describe the factors that contribute to bushfire risk
- Understand and apply household bushfire plans
- Explain and compare relief strategies and different responses to bushfire disasters
- Describe strategies for individual and community resilience and preparedness
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify drivers of bushfire risks
- Assess the various mechanisms through which bushfires attack
- Explore the impact of bushfires from multiple perspectives
- Explore essentials for bushfire resilience and benefits of community-led bushfire recovery
- Identify effective coping strategies for affected individuals and communities in bushfire-prone areas
In association with
Issued on 26th June 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: