Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
The Science of Sleep and Dreams
New Scientist and New Scientist Academy
This online course explored the importance of sleep and dreams and what happens when we sleep. It covered various theories about why we sleep and dream, the potential to learn during sleep and the emerging field of sleep engineering, along with tips and strategies to improve your sleep.
3 weeks, 2 hours per week
Head of Learning Experience
- Explain the importance of sleep and dreams
- Describe what happens when we sleep and the various stages of sleep and dreaming
- Explain various theories on why we sleep and dream
- Discuss experimental evidence that support various theories on why we sleep and dream
- Describe ways we can engineer our sleep to reduce cognitive decline, increase memory reactivation and to decouple emotions from memories
- Assess various approaches to improve your own sleep
- What happens when we sleep
- Various stages of sleep and dreaming
- Key theories on why we sleep and dream
- Sleep engineering
- Potential opportunities for learning in your sleep
- Strategies to improve your own sleep
Issued on 3rd July 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: