Certificate of Achievement
Lic. Carlos Francisco Mallmann
has completed the following course:
Developing Expert Educators for Healthcare Professions
This course equipped learners with skills to teach in healthcare. It did so by engaging them in evidence-based educational strategies and participation in critical reflection over existing practice. Learners connected with one another and shared experiences across different teaching contexts.
6 weeks, 3 hours per week
Clinical Associate Professor in Medical Education
The University of Nottingham
- Reflect on and articulate the meaning of effective instruction in the healthcare professions context
- Justify the validity and reliability of a given assessment or programme of assessment
- Explain the core elements of ‘good’ feedback
- Describe the rationale for ensuring constructive alignment across a curriculum
- Explore the influence of group dynamics on the learning environment
- Identify the role of motivation in effective learning
- Identify appropriate evidence-based learning strategies for use in the classroom or clinical workplace
- Identify common methods and approaches to assessment used in healthcare professions education
- What factors affect motivation and why is motivation so important for effective learning?
- What are effective learning strategies?
- What is reflection and how does it relate to ‘thinking about thinking’?
- What are the most effective approaches for designing teaching?
- What is cognitive load theory and why does it matter for teaching?
- What does effective instruction actually look like?
- Why does validity matter?
- Why is reliability important?
- What frequently used assessment methods are there?
- What comprises ‘good’ feedback?
- What does a ‘good’ feedback relationship mean?
- Why is feedback utility important for learning?
- What is a curriculum statement?
- What does constructive alignment mean?
- What should educational governance mean for teachers?
- What is the impact of the teacher on the educational climate ‘in the room’?
- What is ‘psychological safety’ and why is it important for teachers to know about it?
- What is the influence of group dynamics on the learning environment?
Issued on 5th December 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: