Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the fundamentals of design thinking, with a focus on sustainability and the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. The course covered topics such as artificial intelligence, rewilding and empathising. Intersectional environmentalism was discussed, along with the role of technology in solving problems and creating innovative solutions to the climate crisis.
The content of the following course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
2 weeks, 2 hours per week
Jessie Soohyun Park
Head of CSR
Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd
- Reflect on how sustainability relates to you today.
- Compare and discuss the state of sustainability in the UK today.
- Identify and interpret opportunities and challenges when designing for a sustainable future.
- Explore the opportunities that technology can bring when designing for a sustainable future.
- Understand the fundamentals and importance of empathetic design thinking.
- Identify and ideate your own tangible actions and solutions in response to the proposition: Designing for a sustainable future.
- An introduction to the course from Samsung.
- An overview of the current sustainability landscape in the UK and what this could look like moving forward.
- Examples of inspiring projects and solutions that are pioneering the future of sustainability.
- Imagining what might be possible for society if technology is imbued within sustainability.
- Fundamentals of Design Thinking and how to apply it to bring your ideas to life.
In association with
Issued on 25th October 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: