Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
King's College London and Royal Opera House
This online course explored the world of opera, from its huge variety of music to its history and often controversial relationship to politics and society, to opera’s continued relevance in the 21st century.
4 weeks, 2 hours per week
Dr Flora Willson
Lecturer in Music
King's College London
- Describe opera and its main musical and dramatic features
- Discuss how opera has changed with the world around the opera house
- Explore the major roles involved in staging an opera, both in the past and today
- Reflect on opera’s changing role in culture and society during its four-century history
- Explore how new technologies have altered the way audiences experience opera
- Discuss what opera has to offer in the 21st century
- What is opera?
- What happens onstage?
- What goes on backstage?
- How is opera embedded in the world beyond the opera house?
Issued on 17th January 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: