Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
British Council and UK Aid
This online course introduced the core skills and explored tools and approaches for teaching and assessing these skills in the classroom. The course covered topics including, what are the core skills and why do they matter, breaking down the core skills into manageable steps which can be easily taught and assessed, the principles of teaching and assessing core skills, and developing an action plan to build students’ core skills.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Programme Director, Connecting Classrooms
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core skills and why they matter
- Develop a theoretical understanding of how core skills can be broken down to support progression
- Explore the principles that underpin effective core skills teaching and how they can be applied in your school environment
- Assess your students’ existing skills and plan next steps
- Reflect on your students and school context to put together an action plan to support progression in core skills
- Introducing the core skills and why they matter
- Exploring the Skills Builder framework
- The principles of teaching and assessing core skills
- Developing an action plan to build the core skills of your students
Issued on 19th November 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: