This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
University of Aberdeen and The Abbotsford Trust
This course introduced learners to the life, work and legacy of Walter Scott through the study of a selection of his fiction and poetry and by examining the significance of his home at Abbotsford.
4 weeks, 2 hours per week
Professor Alison Lumsden
Chair in English Literature
University of Aberdeen
Kirsty Archer Thompson
Collections and Interpretation Manager
The Abbotsford Trust
- Engage with a selection of texts by Walter Scott
- Investigate the relationships between literature and national identities
- Reflect on the cultural impact and legacy of Walter Scott
- Explore how Scott uses his collection at Abbotsford as a springboard for a story
- The work and legacy of Walter Scott
- Scott as a collector
- Relationship between Scott’s home at Abbotsford and storytelling
- Connections between Scott’s work and landscape, history and nationhood
- Curating Scott’s legacy
Issued on 20th April 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: