This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the physiological effects of weight loss in people with Type 2 Diabetes and defined what is meant by prevention, remission, reversal and cure. It also looked at supporting self-management for people with Type 2 diabetes and the role of the healthcare professional.
3 weeks, 2 hours per week
Senior Clinical Research Dietitian and Honorary Senior Lecturer
University of Leicester
- Describe the impact of weight loss in people with Type 2 Diabetes.
- Explain current concepts around Type 2 Diabetes reversal and the meaning of terms such as prevention, remission and cure.
- Explore the role(s) of healthcare practitioners and others in supporting self-management of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Seeing the wood for the trees: defining what we mean by prevention, remission, reversal and cure.
- Weight management: a look at the physiological effects of weight loss in people with Type 2 Diabetes.
- Improving and supporting self-management.
In association with
Issued on 24th June 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: