This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
The University of Melbourne and VCCC Alliance
Older people with cancer are a diverse and growing group. The appropriate care, during and beyond cancer, is an emerging field. This course enabled you to enhance your understanding of cancer care for the older patients and helped you to build confidence and knowledge in the care of those who have been diagnosed with or are undergoing treatment for cancer. Utilising the most up to date literature, models of care and a multidisciplinary approach, the course provided information in the key areas.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Professor of Cancer Nursing
The University of Melbourne
- Describe factors that would differentiate a fit older person from a frail person as a result of cancer and its treatment.
- Explain how age associated changes might impact on a person’s ability to engage in treatment decision making and self-care.
- Explain the importance of effective communication and diversity of the population of an older person with cancer.
- Explore strategies to effectively identify values and wishes that influence the care an older person may receive.
- Explain the importance of a multidisciplinary approach in caring for an older person affected by cancer.
- Demographics and prevalence
- Communication and Coordination of Care
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Psychosocial and Community-based Support
- Elder abuse
- Vulnerable groups
- Advanced care planning
Issued on 7th July 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: