This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course has explored the concepts of precision agriculture and sustainable intensification, whilst looking at the impact these can have on farming systems. It has compared the different technologies that can be used to increase productivity and provided knowledge on working out yields to profit. Topics covering agri-tech have shown ways that can help reduce the environmental impacts of farm practices and identified new, data-driven arable farming techniques that can be used in the future.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
Maarten van der Kamp
Director of Education
Senior Research Fellow
University of Reading
- Improve your knowledge on the concepts of precision agriculture and sustainable intensification and the impact these can have on farming systems.
- Compare the different technologies that can be used to increase productivity and know how to work out yields to profit.
- Explore how to use agri-tech to help reduce environmental impacts of farm practices.
- Identify which skills are necessary to implement new data-driven arable farming techniques.
- Develop an action plan for precision farming.
• Sustainable arable farming
• Case studies of data driven agri-tech solutions
• Precision agriculture
• Data collection technologies
• Financial considerations
• Social considerations
• Environmental considerations
In association with
Issued on 6th November 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: