Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course developed by the British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (BSAC) introduced participants to the challenges posed to common clinical infections by Gram Negative Bacteria (GNB): diagnosis and treatment options; antibiotic resistance and public health implications.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
Professor Dilip Nathwani, OBE
President of the British Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
Dr Lilian Abbo
Associate Professor of Clinical Infectious Diseases, University of Miami
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the microbiology of Gram Negative Bacteria.
- Assess the occurrence of resistance - epidemiology and basic mechanisms of resistance locally and globally.
- Identify and classify clinical infections associated with common Gram Negative Bacteria.
- Evaluate the burden and impact of Gram Negative Bacterial infections on health and economic outcomes.
- Compare the key objectives and principles of the treatment options available including the negative consequences.
- Explore the basic microbiology requirements to diagnose GNB infections.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of treatment agents - stewardship for GNB infections.
- Summarise the current treatment options available.
- The microbiology of Gram Negative Bacteria to enable diagnosis of infections.
- The identification and classification of clinical infections associated with common Gram Negative Bacteria
- The occurrence of resistance - epidemiology and basic mechanisms of resistance, locally and globally.
- The key objectives and principles of treatment, including negative consequences.
- The appropriateness of treatment agents.
- The burden and impact of GNB infections on health and economic outcomes.
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Pathologists at a level of 9 credits.
Issued on 17th January 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: