Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the subject of genomics and the exciting new possibilities it represents and how advances in the field are transforming healthcare.
2 weeks, 5 hours per week
Lecturer at the School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering,
University of Leeds
- Describe how the field of genomics has broadly developed over the past 20 years
- Explore the role of DNA sequencing in identifying the risk of disease
- Discuss how genomics impacts on citizens, healthcare professionals and providers
- Reflect on the ethical, regulatory and accessibility challenges of genomics
- Describe the commercial opportunities of technological developments in genomics
- Debate the developments in genomics for healthcare
- What is genomics?
- Who are the stakeholders?
- What are the challenges?
- Addressing patients’ needs
- How are healthcare roles evolving?
- MedTech innovations in genomics
This course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
Issued on 6th October 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: