This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
EIT Food and University of Turin
This online course covered how superfoods differentiate from functional foods and similar food items, the molecules contained in superfoods, the role of superfoods in our diet, and the potential dangers connected to superfoods intake.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Maarten van der Kamp
Director of Education
University of Turin
- Explain what the "superfood" label means
- Describe the role of superfoods and their alternatives in a healthy diet
- Compare nutritional values of “superfoods” and some of their alternatives
- Reflect on the social aspects of superfoods production
- Describe some mechanisms through which superfoods can be beneficial for our health
- What is a superfood?
- Are superfoods different from functional foods and nutraceuticals?
- How can we critically evaluate superfoods and their role in our diet?
- Are there dangers connected to superfoods intake?
- Can superfoods have a role in special diets?
In association with
Issued on 12th September 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: