Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
You might have heard about Catalonia on the news, or visited Barcelona sometime. But how much do you really know about Catalan society? This course will introduce you to the history, language and culture of Catalonia, from its origins to the present day.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
Professor emeritus of the Department of Translation and Language Sciences
Pompeu Fabra University Barcelona
- Identify the main economic sectors and knowledge points of Catalonia
- Describe the main historical events in Catalonia, from the origins to the current political situation
- Analyze the impact of the Catalan language within the communicative space of Catalonia, and abroad
- Distinguish the characteristic features of the Catalan language, as well as its history and evolution
- Explore the main artistic and cultural expressions of Catalonia
- Economy, society and the welfare state in Catalonia
- Catalonia as a millennial nation
- Catalan media
- The Catalan language
- Catalonia’s main artistic and cultural expressions
Issued on 3rd March 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: