Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course explored how can we help other people before and or during disasters, how we can improve water and sanitary facilities in refugee camps and how can drones and virtual reality technologies help with emergency response exercises. Finally we looked at how to design, prepare and carry out research into these and other areas.
2 weeks, 3 hours per week
Senior Lecturer in Disaster Management & Emergency Planning
- Explore what research is and why it is important
- Explore the research process
- Develop and derive a suitable research question
- Explore how to utilise library resources for research
- Compare effective research strategies
- Summarise and effectively review literature
- The wider research process
- How to identify a meaningful title
- Writing an effective literature review
- Choosing the best data collection methods
- Research ethics issues
Issued on 17th June 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: