Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course introduced the principles of religious literacy and explored how to apply these principles in both professional and personal contexts.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
The Open University
- Identify and describe the principles of 'religious literacy'.
- Reflect on the boundaries between religion and culture.
- Evaluate the extent to which religion inspires ways of life including ethics, social activism and extremism.
- Apply the principles of 'religious literacy' to case studies.
- Develop confidence in interacting with those who have different beliefs and practices.
WEEK 1: Why religion matters - Religious literacy is important
· Why does religion matter?
· What is religious literacy?
· Why religious literacy matters
· Internal diversity in religion
WEEK 2: Change and choice in religion
· Dynamic and changing religions
· Religious resources for change
· Religious identity and choice
WEEK 3: Religion/culture and religious violence
· Religion/culture – All aspects of being human
· Religion and violence
WEEK 4: Engaging with confidence
· When different worlds collide
· Principles of interaction
· What would you do?
Issued on 18th December 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: