Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course helped students to understand and analyse the role of religion in conflicts and peacebuilding in present-day societies.
6 weeks, 4 hours per week
Prof. Dr. Marjo Buitelaar
Professor of Contemporary Islam and Methodology of Qualitative Social-Science Research
University of Groningen
- Describe the historical development of definitions of religion
- Identify the various factors that contribute to religiously framed conflicts
- Assess present-day religiously framed conflicts in their historical, socio-cultural and political contexts
- Identify core texts in the study of religion and conflict
- Critical reading skills for analysing complex scholarly texts
- Explain complex ideas to a general audience
- Definitions and history of religion and conflict.
- Links between religion and conflict.
- Failure of nation states, the Cold War and globalisation.
- Cases on religion and conflict.
- Religion and peacebuilding.
Issued on 8th July 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: