Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored what engaged and motivated employees look like and what about disengaged and demotivated employees. it also provided insight into the key factors linked to motivation and engagement, and questioned the causes of employee demotivation and disengagement.
2 weeks, 3 hours per week
Sophie Ward AFHEA, MHFA, MBPsS, MSc, BSc (Hons)
Lecturer in Occupational & Business Psychology
- Identify the definitions of motivation and engagement at work
- Explore the key factors that are associated with motivation and engagement
- Evaluate the key role of job design to employee engagement and motivation
- Assess the role of personality traits in relation to motivation and engagement
- Describe how motivation and engagement is different between face-to-face and virtual teams by discussing the quality and quantity of communication and trust
• The definitions of the concepts of motivation and engagement at work
• The key factors (both internal and external) that lead to employee motivation and engagement
• The role of job design (eg the job characteristics model) in relation to motivation and engagement
• The relationship between personality traits and employee engagement and motivation
• The difference between face-to-face and virtual teams’ motivation and engagement levels, which will allow you to discuss communication and trust
Issued on 2nd June 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: