This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
EIT Food and University of Turin
This online course explored how the relationship between society and science has evolved over time, and how traditional and social media can be used to share research. The course covered topics such as the importance of science communication, how to transform a message into a story, and the relationship between scientists and journalists.
3 weeks, 2 hours per week
Dr. Maarten van der Kamp
Director of education
Prof. Katiuscia Sacco
Professor, Department of Psychology
University of Turin
- Design small-scale public science communication events
- Reflect on the role of traditional and social media in the communication of science
- Improve your science communication activities by clearly identifying the target audiences, messages and stories
- Why is science communication important?
- Defining a message and the intended audience
- Going from the message to a story
- Small-scale public science dissemination events
- The relationship between scientists and journalists
In association with
Issued on 31st August 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: