Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course covered key aspects of Australian history. A range of periods and topics were explored, including Aboriginal deep time history, transportation, convictism and colonialism. Skills and approaches used in the academic study of history were also introduced.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
The University of Newcastle Australia
- Apply a developing understanding of core historical concepts.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of key themes, events, and people in the history of Australia’s First Nations and the early decades of European occupation of the continent.
- Interpret the Australian past within a local and global context.
- Explain the contested nature of Australia’s early European history.
- Identify foundational scholarly sources (primary and secondary, oral and written) relating to Australia’s early history.
- Traditional Aboriginal society
- Background to the British colonisation of Australia
- Relations between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians
Issued on 1st April 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: