Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
A course on football and its context and role in the world, presented through videos, articles, quizzes, a test and an assignment.
6 weeks, 3 hours per week
Professor Grant Jarvie
Chair of Sport
The University of Edinburgh
- Understand the importance of concepts to explain football in different countries
- Understand and explain the role of football within international development
- Critically examine and understand the use of data and evidence
- Consider the role of history in explaining trends and change
- Develop communication, IT and data analysis skills
- Apply knowledge, skills and understanding to explain why Football is more than a game
- Develop autonomy, accountability and working with others
- Introduction to early history, origins and myths about football
- Golden football moments
- The rise of global football, FIFA and the Big 5 Football Leagues
- Introduction to football finance and wealth
- Great football clubs, nations, rivalries and matches that changed the world
- Introduction to football data, trends and what it tells us
- Who are the world champions and what makes them champions?
- The rise, popularity and myths about women’s football
- Tackling inequality, homelessness and health through football
- Introduction to football governance, ownership and power
- What makes a great football team?
- Is football more than a game?
- Meet a football legend and their views on Brazil and the greatest footballer they played against
Issued on 14th July 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: