Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
Cambridge University Press & Assessment and Crisis Classroom
Participants considered the diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds of refugees. They explored key needs and discussed how volunteers can support refugees through appropriate informal as well as more formal interactions. A key focus was understanding trauma and how to identify and support refugees suffering its effects. The course included a focus on effective communication skills as well as supportive strategies and a range of resources to help refugees develop competence in a new language.
3 weeks, 4 hours per week
Teacher Development Manager
Cambridge University Press & Assessment
- Discuss key linguistic and social needs of refugees in a range of contexts
- Identify activities for interacting with refugees
- Identify and describe behaviours associated with trauma
- Design psychosocially protective activities to help refugees feel comfortable with learning
- Evaluate a range of teaching strategies and approaches for supporting language development
- Explore a range of resources for language teaching and refugee support
Issued on 2nd April 2018
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: