Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course introduced how to start writing fiction, focusing on the central skill of creating characters.
8 weeks, 3 hours per week
The Open University
- Apply and learn to write fiction and generate stories by creating characters
- Investigate notions of writing from your experience and from research
- Explore using a writer’s notebook to develop ideas and increase observational awareness
- Identify and realise the importance of other authors and works to develop your skills in reading as a writer
- Develop your awareness of editing, in developing your vocabulary of style and presentation
- Identify and realise the importance of exchanging work and critical comment with fellow writers
- Creation of characters in fiction
- Different sources for characters in stories
- Ways of presenting characters in stories
- Reading as a writer
- Writing practice, including creativity, research, observation and editing
- Peer reviewing, workshops and the importance of feedback
Issued on 22nd November 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: