Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the impact of human activity on our planet, and what we can do to ensure a sustainable future for everybody. Some of the key questions addressed included: What is sustainability and what is development? What impact has human activity had on the environment? What actions have we taken so far for sustainable development? What actions may we need to take for a sustainable future?
2 weeks, 3 hours per week
Senior Lecturer in International and Community Development Studies,
- Critically review diverse perspectives of sustainable development
- Investigate how interactions between human development and environmental life support systems are/have been managed in real-world cases
- Identify the characteristics and be able to differentiate between development, sustainability and sustainable development
The key topics addressed in this course on sustainability in contemporary international and community development, include:
- Diverse understandings of sustainability and development
- Changing planetary conditions and the growing human population
- What the future might look like, and the potential for technology to save us
Issued on 24th December 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: