Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course provided you with an introduction to the concepts, issues, processes and structures relevant to the management of risk during the emergency phase of an incident. This included an examination of the relationship between formal risk management and command systems and leadership, and looked at the complex world of decision-making.
2 weeks, 3 hours per week
Senior Lecturer in Emergency Planning Management
- Evaluate the relationship between leadership and followership
- Explain what factors influence risk and why risk management is important to the incident manager
- Describe how people make decisions and how leadership and followership influence decision-making processes
- Explore why emergency incidents go wrong and why good situational awareness is so important in preventing disasters
- Describe various incident command systems
- Describe leadership in the context of emergency incidents
- Risk management and incident command systems
- The incident timeline
- Incident review and debrief processes
- Decision-making and situational awareness
Issued on 20th January 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: