Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
The course explored eight key sectors in the Travel & Tourism industry from the traveler’s viewpoint, finding information, selecting destinations, making reservations, using transport, choosing accommodation, eating, activities, and sharing the experience. It covered career options in each sector.
8 weeks, 2 hours per week
The Global Travel and Tourism Partnership (GTTP)
Dr Steven Freudmann
Institute of Travel & Tourism
- Demonstrate knowledge of how the Travel & Tourism industry is structured.
- Identify the sectors of the Travel & Tourism industry and its customers.
- Collaborate with other learners in sharing experiences in and ideas about the Travel & Tourism business.
- Compare job and career opportunities for planning your future.
- Explore the wide range of careers at each step in the customer journey.
Eight industry sectors from the traveler’s perspective, including the structure of the particular sector, trends in the sector, and the kinds of careers available in each sector.
Finding Information and online information sources for trip planning.
Selecting a Destination.
Tools available for making Reservations.
Types of Transportation.
The Accommodations sector of the industry.
The Food sector of the industry.
The fast-growing “Experiences” sector.
The importance of feedback and social media.
In association with
Issued on 6th February 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: