Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course introduced socially engaged art in contemporary China. Through rich visual materials, the learner studied how Chinese artists addressed a wide range of important social issues through art.
6 weeks, 3 hours per week
Dr Bo Zheng
City University of Hong Kong
- Describe socially engaged art in contemporary China
- Discuss key theoretical issues of socially engaged art
- Compare socially engaged artworks along both aesthetic and social dimensions
- Apply the artistic strategies and techniques to other creative projects if desired
- Basic features of contemporary Chinese socially engaged art
- Key social issues addressed by contemporary Chinese socially engaged art
- Key aesthetic and social strategies developed by Chinese artists
- Select theoretical issues in contemporary Chinese socially engaged art
Issued on 17th January 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: