Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course explored how your liver works, ways to look after it and how liver damage is caused, studied and treated around the world.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
Dr Patricia F. Lalor
University of Birmingham
- Describe the anatomy and function of the liver, and understand how individual cell types contribute to these
- Compare the signs and symptoms of liver disease and understand what causes them
- Discuss the major global causes of liver disease
- Reflect on the varied causes of liver disease
- Explore treatments for different types of liver disease and understand the challenges of treatment
- Explore how diet impacts on the function of both healthy and diseased livers
- Liver anatomy and function
- Viruses, autoimmunity, alcohol and metabolic disease
- Diet and the liver
Issued on 11th June 2018
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This learner has not verified their identity. The certificate and transcript do not imply the award of credit or the conferment of a qualification from University of Birmingham.
Free online course: