This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the analytical scientific techniques used to detect food fraud.
4 weeks, 2 hours per week
Dr Kate Kemsley
Honorary Senior Lecturer
UEA (University of East Anglia)
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the general issues with food fraud
- Apply a knowledge of the scientific techniques for detecting fraud in the scenarios in the course
- Identify how food fraud might impact on consumers and producers of foods
- Reflect on the social and economic impacts of food fraud
- Introduction to methods of food fraud detection
- Infra-red detection of fraud in coffee
- Verifying the origins of honey using stable isotopes
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance spectroscopy and the horsemeat scandal
In association with
Issued on 3rd November 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: