This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the challenges and responsibilities of different people in the food system, including the role of the consumer. It assessed the information available to consumers relating to issues of food safety, nutrition and quality, sustainability of production methods and how these affect consumer trust.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Maarten van der Kamp
Director of Education
Senior Research Fellow
University of Reading
- Describe the complexity of the global food system and the issues that affect consumer trust in food
- Explain the key factors involved in food safety
- Critically evaluate different sources of nutritional information
- Explore the different food labels that provide assurances to consumers
- Reflect on the role of the consumer in influencing the food supply system
- The global food supply system and the general principles behind food production and consumption
- Factors that influence consumer trust and the information sources available
- Case study examples that explore key consumer concerns; Food safety, Nutrition and quality of our food and Sustainable and ethical food production
- Consideration of the role of the consumer and engagement with innovation in the food sector
In association with
Issued on 22nd January 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: