Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the product design process of MedTech devices and examined future trends in healthcare technology and the MedTech industry.
2 weeks, 5 hours per week
Visiting Professor in Medical Technology Innovation & Translation and Operations Director of Regener8,
University of Leeds
- Discuss the impact of medical technologies (MedTech) on anticipated future demands for improved healthcare.
- Explain the opportunities and challenges encountered during the medical device product development process.
- Describe the medical device development process, from clinical need through to regulatory approval and product introduction.
- Apply a medical device development process to an exemplar MedTech product.
- History of MedTech and how MedTech products have been developed.
- The forces driving innovation in the MedTech sector.
- Challenges for MedTech products to overcome.
- How do we make sure MedTech products are safe?
- Establishing a patient and clinical need for a product.
- Designing products with regulations in mind.
- Bringing a product to market.
This course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
Issued on 10th February 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: