Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course provided an introduction to the relationship between migration and cities over the course of history. It investigated key issues regarding migrants in cities today, such as employment, housing and cultural heritage, as well as problems that arise in cities as a result of migration. It discussed various policy initiatives aimed at integrating migrants into urban life, and considered migrants' transnational networks between different cities that have emerged around the world.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
European University Institute (EUI)
- Explore current debates on how migration has shaped cities historically
- Investigate key issues regarding migrants in cities today
- Assess the possibilities and limits of local policy in facilitating the integration of migrants in cities
- Reflect on the ways in which migrants' networks between different cities around the world encourage a rethinking of international migration
- The different types of migration towards cities
- The role of migration on urban development over history
- Migrant labour in contemporary cities
- Settlement and residential distribution of migrants in cities
- Migration and urban public space
- Problems and conflicts arising from migration to cities
- Migration governance at the urban scale
- Migration and cultural heritage in cities
- Transnational urban networks among migrant groups
Issued on 17th January 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: