This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course examined all differences between Prosecco and other sparkling wines, as well as between Prosecco DOC (designation of controlled origin) and DOCG (designation of controlled origin guaranteed) and how this is a benchmark for ‘real’ Prosecco. The course evaluated the whole compartment of Prosecco production and gained insight into the future challenges that could face the field with regards to commercialisation.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Professor of Plant applied biotechnology
University of Padova
- Report the history of Prosecco
- Explain the characteristics of the terroir and their effect on the Prosecco quality
- Identify the key differences between Prosecco and other sparkling wines, as well as between Prosecco DOC and DOCG
- Evaluate the whole compartment of the Prosecco production and the efforts made to improve wine quality but also environmental impact of viticulture
By the conclusion of the course, learners will know:
- How the territory, the environment, the research in viticulture and oenology and a mix of people skills have contributed to the development of a trendy wine
- The important features of Prosecco wines and how to recognize different Prosecco products.
- The future challenges to face for the sustainability of Prosecco wine production and commercialization.
Issued on 27th May 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: