This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
University of Exeter and Eden Project
This online course explored human and natural factors which affect food production. It introduced the pillars of sustainability, considered the drivers behind intensive food production and explored what we can do to nurture our environment and utilise it effectively to deliver food in new ways.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Dr Chris Laing
Lecturer in the College of Life and Environmental Sciences
University of Exeter
- Describe the term 'sustainability' in the context of food production
- Explain the 'Pillars of Sustainability' model
- Compare and contrast the sustainability of global coffee, palm oil and banana industries
- Reflect on the importance of pollinators in relation to food production
- Investigate the food available from your local area and contrast with your weekly shop
- The pillars of sustainability
- Environmental impacts of food production
- Exploitation of the sea
- Case studies on the production of Bananas, Coffee and Palm Oil
- Importance of pollinators
Issued on 5th January 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: