Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course looked at British food and culture and used authentic video content to help improve English language skills.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
English Global Product Manager
- Explore contemporary UK food culture
- Experiment with some recipes from the UK and beyond
- Develop your listening skills as you watch authentic examples of people speaking English
- Reflect on language in use
- Develop language skills and practise using new language
- Discuss UK eating habits from traditional dishes, to multicultural influences to veganism
The course looks at the role food plays in UK culture.
- What is ‘traditional’ British food and what do people in contemporary UK actually eat?
- UK restaurant culture. Explore the vibrant UK restaurant scene and look at the link between immigration to the UK and changing food culture.
- Changing eating habits. Healthy eating and the rise in veganism and vegetarianism
- How to cook some traditional British dishes
- Regional variety. Some traditional foods from the different parts of the UK
- Special occasions. What do British people eat at special times of the year?
Issued on 27th August 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: