Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course covered the new initiative of personal assistants for disabled people. It explained what to expect from working relationships and what to do if conflicts arose. It required personal assistants and employers to think about the relationships that they wanted and how to best understand each others needs.
4 weeks, 2 hours per week
Professor Tom Shakespeare
Professor of Disability Research
UEA (University of East Anglia)
- The working relationships between personal assistants and employers
- Your own personal views about the personal assistance model
- Your skills as a personal assistant or employer
- On what a good working relationship looks like
- How you would resolve conflict in a working relationship
- The role of workplace personal assistants
- Introduction to Independent Living and Personal Assistance
- Recruitment: finding the right fit
- What sort of personal assistance relationship works for you?
- Understanding potential difficulties in personal assistance relationships
- Understanding and managing practical difficulties
- Understanding and managing personal difficulties
- Understanding and managing process difficulties
- Understanding and resolving conflict
- Moving forward with personal assistance relationships
Issued on 17th January 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: