This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored autism, including diagnosis, the autistic spectrum, and life with autism. The course was presented in the context of addressing the 'big question': does autism exist?
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Dr Jill Bradshaw
Lead Educator, and Lecturer in Learning Disability
The University of Kent
- Explain what autism is, and evaluate whether it really exists
- Identify social communication skills and explain what happens if they do not develop as expected
- Summarise knowledge of sensory and repetitive behaviours, and whether such behaviours are advantages or disadvantages
- Explain why many people on the autism spectrum have co-occurring conditions
- Identify the origins of strengths and difficulties experienced by people on the autism spectrum
- Explore and discuss lived experiences of people on the autism spectrum
- What is autism… and does it exist?
- Social communication skills
- Sensory sensitivities and repetitive behaviours
- Co-occurring conditions
- Strengths and difficulties of people on the autism spectrum
- Lived experiences of people on the autism spectrum
Issued on 22nd May 2017
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: