Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course gives basic knowledge about public space design and destinations, and an overview of research, policy and best practice in urban and climatic design.
2 weeks, 3 hours per week
Associate Senior Lecturer in Architecture
Luleå University of Technology
- Describe how successful public spaces contribute to sustainable development.
- Explain how urban planning influences climate change.
- Explain how policy and research influence best practice in urban and climatic design.
- Improve the local micro-climate of public space to enhance human comfort through case studies.
The course explores three key themes, which together address the overarching question: How can we analyse urban spaces and will they be attractive to residents and tourists? The key themes explored were:
- How successful public spaces contribute to sustainable development.
- How urban planning influences climate change.
- How policy and research influences best practice in urban and climatic design.
Issued on 27th December 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: