Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
The development of healthcare treatments has given people hope to fight diseases, however humans can be wary of advanced technologies. As such, it is critical that medical professionals have the skills to explain the benefits of treatments to patients and, ideally, involve them in the development of new treatments in the first place. In this course, you will find out how to bring patients into the development of medical technologies and treatments.
3 weeks, 2 hours per week
Taipei Medical University
- Explain what ‘living labs’ is about
- Investigate the development of medical humanities in one's context
- Design a course using methods learnt during this course
- The basic principles of community engagement
- The concept of “living labs”
- How to listen to people and use their oral histories as part of healthcare service design
- How to make elders or minority groups an integral part of designing new medical technologies
Issued on 27th July 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: