Understand how to develop and enhance financial analysis skills
This online course aims to help you to understand financial statement analysis. The course will enable you to carry out simple financial statement analysis and give you a thorough insight into how a financial statement in a construction firm should be analysed and interpreted.
It will include the components of financial statements: balance sheets, profit/loss and cash flow analysis. Real life case studies and construction financial statements will be provided to help calculate and interpret performance.
- A brief overview and definition of financial statements
- Interpretation of the two types of financial statements
- Overview of the six different techniques of financial analysis
- An overview of ratio analysis, exploring 13 commonly used accounting ratios used in financial statement analysis
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate horizontal and vertical financial statements
- Evaluate a profit and loss account and balance sheet
- Explore six different techniques of financial analysis used in the construction industry
- Calculate and interpret thirteen commonly used accounting ratios used in financial management
- Explore the importance, benefits and limitations of corporate financial models in the construction industry
Who is the course for?
This course is for people seeking a better understanding of the analysis of financial statements in construction companies.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.