Weekly study10 hours
Construction Project Management Parameters, Tools and Techniques
Understand how the main project parameters impact on a project
This online course will help you develop a basic understanding of the tools used in evaluating time, scope and budget and then use them to predict project performance in a global construction context.
- Overview of the nine key knowledge areas in construction that are relevant to the project manager
- Overview of the project schedule in construction - how to define the activities and the resources required and duration of the activities.
- A brief overview of project management tools and techniques - Gantt charts, Critical Path Analysis and PERT in construction project management.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the nine key knowledge areas in construction that are relevant to the project manager
- Explore time management skills and processes, along with the project schedule, work breakdown structure and activity list
- Evaluate the project schedule in construction - how to define the activities, their relationship, resources required and their duration
- Assess the fundamentals of Gantt charts, Critical Path Analysis and PERT in construction project management
Who is the course for?
This course is for people seeking a better understanding of the scope of project work, time management best practices, cost effective tools and techniques and quality metrics resulting in more predictable outcomes.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.